Friday, March 07, 2014

What to do when you're in a boring meeting

So I was in this meeting today and people are there and they are talking about stuff and I really can't follow along because it's really not related to my project but its one of the projects going on in our department.

So I started to do some writing about leadership.  It was dark and I may have been saying the same thing over and over, but here it is.

Leadership needs to involve integrity.  If you expect people to follow, they will follow your example as well.  A leader must do what they say.  the little rule that we throw out at our kids of "Do as I say, not as I do" doesn't apply here (in fact I would argue that it doesn't work on your kids either.  See my next book "Don't say that to your kids".)

Look around you.  The way your boss acts more than likely is a partial reflection of their boss.  Trickle down attitudes.  In any company, the attitude of the CEO shows in their employees.

No comments: