Monday, March 03, 2014

Reality Part 2

A long time ago I learned something of great significance.

I am not real.

I know this is a very abstract idea, and one I'm afraid not overly original but I've had some time to work it all out.

Some Idealists doubt the existence of objects independent of the mind. Being that my mind is broken how can I believe what I observe truly exists. And if I have doubts about any of my observable world, how can I say that I exist within that world?

Think of it like this:

There is a person in a mental hospital (if there were such a thing any more) who has delusions. The world to him appears to be different than the one we share. And since the "real" world exists outside of his observable mind, one can claim that the real world doesn't exist. And if that is true wouldn't that preclude that the person suffering delusions also doesn't exist (I don't see how a person can exist in a reality that doesn't exist). Therefore, I also do not exist.

Man this stuff is deep. But I think you can prove or disprove almost anything.

At least that is what I would say if I existed.


No comments: