Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy

I've made the personal decision to be happy. Doesn't this seem to be something we should all commit to but we never do? But I must apologize. It's not as easy as it sounds.

I've started to find peace in something that seems to be mindful mediation. More or less it's the idea of being present in the moment. It's about being appreciative about yourself, the situations you find yourself in, and your surroundings.

To me it kind of sounds like this: Stop thinking about the yellow brick road, or where it leads. Focus more on how you’re feeling right now. Stop and enjoy the flowers (maybe some of the old sayings were right).

To me, and I believe I can make this into something that works for me personally, I think you need to embrace your feelings.  Don't try to hide from them and don't try to ignore them.  Embrace them for what they are.  There is nothing wrong with being afraid.  There's nothing wrong about feeling bad for someone who's just lost their job.

Most of all, there's nothing wrong with being happy.

No comments: