Monday, March 24, 2014

Something I heard on the radio

I was running around town picking up food for lunch and I was listening to the radio.  There was a program that was talking about TEDtalks and they were talking to Tony Robbins.  I think I've seen his talk on Netflix but maybe this time what he was talking about took on a deeper meaning to me.  I think I heard him better.

What he was saying was the reasons that we fail has to do with our passions.  Basically you can accomplish anything if it means enough to you.  You will put in the extra time and effort to get things done, if you care about them enough.

Think of it this way.  If you child, spouse, or someone extremely important to you were sick and near dying you would do anything you could to help them.  And this idea translates to almost everything.  If you want to run a marathon you can if you have enough passion about it.  You'll work out more if it means getting to your goal.

The hard part as Robbins put it was finding out what your passion is.  Sometimes that passion isn't something that you can't make a living out of.  Then it becomes just a hobby.  I'm not sure I feel 100% on that one because I think you can figure out how to make money doing just about anything.

So I want to be able to remember this.  I think it said to me that if I truly want to be a writer then I can if I'm passionate enough about it.  My biggest fear is that after a few days this idea will wash away like it does so many times.

I'll have to try my best and hope for the best.  It's much better being an optimist versus being a pessimist.

No comments: