Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Still haven't found what I'm looking for

I'm still hung up on the phrase "Hope it all went in life as you wish for".  It's hard for me to wrap my head around it.

I understand that it's just a nice thing to say to someone.  But when you're 46 and some of the things that you've talked about are "just waking up to life" statements like that spin you around.

Everyone has regrets (or regurts).  I've got a collection down in the basement.  I haven't cleaned them up in a while because obviously I'm a procrastinator.  But you can't let yourself get down about the past.  You have to move on from today.

With my depression I sometimes feel like I'm frozen in ice.  Low energy will keep you on the couch for a long time after work.  Or at work.  And something has a hold of me lately.  Something different.  It's not about the lost people returning to my life.  That's more like anxiety.

No comments: