Monday, July 13, 2015

How do you define success

I put a post out on facebook the other day about success.  My brother had some comments which are understandable.  It was just a throw away quote that I found in my book somewhere.  I probably stole it from someone (the number one rule of writing: steal everything that you can).

There's a good chance that I used to define myself by my success at work.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  But I think when you're doing that you become dependent on someone else to tell you if you are successful or not.

I don't make a lot of money.  I've been fired/laid-off/suspended from most of my jobs.  I'm at a job now where there's really no room to grow.  But I am successful.  I like my job.  I think I'm relatively good at it.  I have a great family.  I'm a very good person.

And while everyone is different, this is how I define success.


Success in life usually can be traced back to relationships with people and how those relationships are cultivated by treating those people the right way.

 Correspondingly bad outcomes can be derived from dealings with the wrong people.

No comments: