Friday, June 19, 2015

Random Friday Stuff

I was listening to Nickelback on the drive in (don't say it) and I was listening to the song Never Again.  It's about a guy who beats his girlfriend.  And there is a line that bothers me.  It says "She's just a woman."

First of all I don't think that the phrase "Just a woman" should ever be used.  It would seem to be trivializing what being a woman is.  Second of all, my wife can seriously kick my ass.  I guess all of us didn't marry a former wrestler from the Soviet women's team.
______________________________________________________________________________

 In my drive into work there is an exit onto a major highway into Saint Louis that is always backed up (thankfully I don't have to drive on it).  Some people will drive in the next lane an cut in front of everybody.

I noticed today that most of the people that cut in line are driving expensive cars; mostly BMW, Lexus, and Cadillacs.  It seems to be saying something about entitlement.

______________________________________________________________________________

Things are getting better at my job this week.  I think it all comes down to communication.  Let me tell you a little secret; communication is hard.  Communication isn't just you saying words and me hearing words.  The words go into my head, they drive by my insecurities, past my ego, down the road that passes by all of my craziness.  Once it gets to my brain it isn't the same as when it came out of your mouth.

When my boss doesn't say much to me for a few days it probably doesn't have anything to do with me (although in my head it does).  My wife's boss yells at her for no good reason or she's being slippery in order to keep her job.  Doesn't have anything to do with my wife.

When we communicate with other people we have to remember that I got my crap to deal with and you got yours.  And that stuff will roll over your intentions like a steam roller.

No comments: