Sunday, October 05, 2014

I'll figure out the title later

The situation I was in was more than just toxic.  I think down deep it was truly killing me.  Too much pressure to get things done and too much blame.  There has to be a limit on the amount of work one department can do.  And when you're over that limit projects will not get done on time.  Simple as that.

When I was first let go I was in shock.  How do you go about doing everything that is asked of you and still get terminated?  I took about a week for me to understand what had really happened.  The truth is that being fired saved me when I couldn't save myself.

For someone who is considered a bully, the abuse they dish out is based on a distorted way of dealing with their own sense of low self-esteem.  In large corporations you're bound to find someone with a narcissistic personality disorder.  My only regret is that I couldn't save everyone else.

I've started to heal.  And no I'm not healing from the pain of being let go, I am healing from living in a toxic environment for so long.  Today I know that I am finally free from that pain.

No comments: